What makes these brownies so good? Avocados give off that messy texture that everyone loves. Full of healthy fats, fiber and full of antioxidants. Because it’s so nutrient-dense, it’s one of the best anti-aging superfoods on the planet. Another essential nutrient found in avocados is oleic acid, a monounsaturated fat known to increase fat metabolism.
Additionally, they contain the carotenoid antioxidants lutein, zeaxanthin, potassium, folic acid as well as vitamin E. Avocados can also reduce oxidative stress which is the imbalance between free radicals and antioxidants in the body. In general, avocado is indeed a super food. The benefits are nearly endless. Not only does it provide beneficial antioxidants, but it also helps your body process them better.
Who knew you would get so much chocolate cake?
Grain-free gooey brownie. Grain Free Brownie
Preparation time: 10 minutes, cooking time: 20 minutes
½ cup creamy nut butter, such as almonds or cashews
½ cup dairy-free chocolate chips, such as dark chocolate
¼ cup mashed avocado
¼ cup cooked sweet potato
Half a cup of coconut milk
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Use parchment paper or coconut oil to line a square baking pan.
- Combine all ingredients, except the chocolate chips, in a blender or food processor. Mix until well blended and all ingredients are incorporated.
- Gently stir or fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan using a baking spatula or knife to spread it into an even layer in the pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for at least 5 minutes before cutting.
- Store in airtight container in the refrigerator.
Your paleo and gluten-free friends won’t believe how good this cake is! Send the recipe to your friends and family, try it yourself and let us know what you think!